Follow

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Rest period. Living life.

Since my last post, I've been really busy resting. The only things I have been doing have been swimming and social bike rides *if it doesn't involve a cafe stop then count me out).

That all changes next week when I start the build for 2016.

The last few weeks have been quite eventful for me even if I have been relaxing.

I've been spending a lot of time commuting and as such have been doing a lot of listening to podcasts by Vinnie Tortorich (and Anna Vocino) and RealMealRevolution. I am convinced that my decision to use a #LCHF (and mostly #NSNG) diet is right for me, the more I listen and learn.

This has been reinforced by the fact that I have been living life over the past 6 weeks. I've been going out with friends and as such drinking more than I am used to. As a result my weight has been yo-yoing somewhat.

Previously I have joked about my ass jiggling for a month after looking at a piece of chocolate cake but it transpires that I was correct in my assumption.

In early November, it was the Doncaster Triathlon Club awards evening. I was nominated for four awards after being selected by our members in a private ballot. I can't quite explain how touched I was to be nominated for the following awards.

  • Most improved male
  • Inspiration of the year
  • Coach of the year
  • Club member of the year
Anyway the night got underway and after several beers and the meal, it was the time for the awards giving.

I was shocked to be selected as the Coach of the year by our members.

I was even more shocked to be nominated as Club member of the year. The attendees were shouting "speech" as I went to collect my award.

I was so shocked that I had to compose myself before beginning my speech, I was literally holding back the tears. I waffled something about how I got into triathlon, why I became a coach and how humbled I was to be stood there collecting the Club member of the year award.

Alas my shock was not over, our Club Chairman then got up to present the Chairpersons Award for services to the Club. He ran through the contenders and finally announced me as the winner. I was lost for words, brimming with pride and shocked.



I went up to collect the cup. I am so proud to be one of the founding members of this great club and to be the first athlete to have won the recurring awards (Chairperson's cup and Club member of the year). In years to come, my name will be the first on both of these trophies and no one can take that away from me.

The club blog about the night can be seen here. http://www.doncastertriathlonclub.com/awards-night/

In other news.

After spending so much time listening to VinnieAnna and Professor Tim Noakes on my commutes my interest in a "new" product was piqued. The product was Generation UCAN. A "superstarch" which does not spike blood sugar and therefore does not increase insulin production and as such will be able to used by me in my new diet. The podcast which really interested me was the one where Matt Bach was on Vinnie Tortorich. http://vinnietortorich.com/2015/10/metabolic-efficiency-with-matt-bach/

I have managed to become a brand ambassador for Generation UCAN in the UK after exchanging some emails. I can't wait to use this product over the coming season to help me #bethebestIcanbe. The plan is to use Generation UCAN to fuel my longer bike rides next year, I have been struggling to ascertain how I could fuel a 3+ hour bike ride and Generation UCAN now gives me a suitable option for this.



I can't wait to work with this new company and help increase their exposure in the UK.

DCLT (the operator of the gyms in Doncaster) has a Talented Athlete Support Scheme and after applying following my appearance in the ETU Aquathlon this year, I have been given free access to their facilities for the future. Again this will help me #bethebestIcanbe next year.

Many thanks to Generation UCAN, DCLT and Choosefitness for their help ahead of next year. I can't wait to see what I can achieve.

Thanks for reading,

Michael
#dreambelievachieve

No comments:

Post a Comment